students in dorm roomAs an Early Fall Start student you are eligible to live in UW campus housing while taking your course, whether or not you plan to live on campus during the school year. Living in campus housing is not required.

If you plan to live in a fraternity or sorority during autumn quarter, you may still live on campus during Early Fall Start.

Early Fall Start food and housing costs are separate from the course fee. The housing application deadlines are different — and earlier — than the course registration deadlines. See the Early Fall Start guide (coming in mid-April) published on the UW Housing & Food Services website for more details about housing options.


If you live in a UW residence hall, you are required to have a dining account. The account options are detailed on the Early Fall Start Dining Account guide (coming mid-April) published by the UW Housing & Food Services website.

There are many options for meals at the UW, both on and off campus. UW Dining offers a wide variety of different restaurants and markets, which accept cash and UW Dining Account cards.